"What’s New in this VersionAfter installing the update and restarting your computer you should see a difference in your print outputs. This tip comes to us via the Apple web site from longtime friend, fellow photoshop instructor and inkjet guru Steve Burger. Thanks Steve! You are the Man!
- The 10.4.7 Update is recommended for all users and includes general operating system fixes, as well as specific fixes for the following applications and technologies.
It includes fixes for:
- sharing using AFP, SMB/CIFS, NFS and FTP file sharing protocols
- reliable access to Open Directory, LDAP and Active Directory services
- login and authentication in a variety of network environments
- file access and byte range locking with AFP file sharing
- network access when using proxy server automatic configuration files
- connecting to Cisco VPN servers using IP/Sec and NAT
- AirPort and Bluetooth wireless connectivity
- RAW camera support, including updated ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers
- usability of Dashboard and widgets
- searching iWork '06 and Microsoft Office documents with Spotlight
- saving Word documents automatically when using a network home directory
- viewing of QuickTime streaming media behind a firewall
- audio playback in QuickTime, iTunes, Final Cut Pro, and Soundtrack Pro applications
- ensuring icons are spaced correctly when viewed on desktop
- determining the space required to burn folders
- synchronizing contacts, bookmarks, and calendars to .Mac and mobile phones
- mounting and unmounting iDisk volumes
- time zone and daylight savings for 2006 and 2007
- Address Book, AppleScript, Automator, Dictionary, Font Book, iCal, iChat, DVD Player, Keynote, Mail, Preview, Safari, and Stickies
- Disk Utility, Keychain Access, Migration Assistant, and Software Update
- compatibility with third party applications and devices
- previous Mac OS X updates and standalone security updates"
Thursday, August 17, 2006
Is Your Tiger The Wrong Color?
You've calibrated your monitor and you've purchased custom paper profiles for your printer but your new Apple Mac running OS X "Tiger" isn't giving you the same "dead on" prints that you've had in the past. You may need to download Update 10.4.7 Combo PPC. Notice the line close to the bottom "compatibility with third party applications and devices" that's the line we are most interested in because it is directly related to how your 3rd party drivers work with the operating system.