Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Give Us Those Nice Bright Colors...

Give us the greens of summers... makes you think all the world's a sunny day, Oh yeah... I got a Nikon camera... I love to take a photograph... so Mama don't take my Kodachrome away! Well, Mama didn't but today Kodak announced the official "retirement" of Kodachrome film. While I do love digital... Kodachrome and Tri-X were and are to this day my favorite films. I first began shooting Kodachrome as a student in the photography program at Phoenix College in the fall of 1971, seems like yesterday. Yes, I'm aware that it was a black and white film with color added in processing, I don't care;
It's amazing color palette and longevity make it, at least in my mind, the greatest "color" film of all time. Farewell old friend, we will miss you.