Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Adobe Gets A Tip Of The Hat!

Three weeks ago I spent most of one afternoon and part of the evening trying to get Premiere Pro 2.0 to install and run correctly on my computer. After hours, of well intentioned but unproductive help, my Adobe Technical Support person said, " If you'd like, I can turn you over to a Customer Service Representative who can help process a refund for you". Say what?

Adobe is one of the few, perhaps the only, software company that will give you a full refund on a software product after it has been opened. Even more astonishing to me was the fact that my refund was coming from Adobe even though my purchase had been made through Amazon. There are certain forms to fill out and send to Adobe but, all in all, the process is fairly painless. I was told my refund check would be coming in the usual 6 to 8 weeks. It made it in three.

I've always had a bit of a love/hate relationship with Adobe. I love their products but in the past have been not been very impressed with Customer Service. Well, chalk one up for the CS group. I don't know how I could have been treated more fairly or received better service. They get a tip of the hat and a hearty well done.

BTW, they got the money back. I bought Premiere Elements 3, which is working great, and the latest version of Acrobat. To check out Adobe's latest offerings click here.